Friday, March 12, 2010

AW Wk 4

OK. Not reading anything is supposed to prompt me to produce more... so there's really no excuse for not continuing to blog. But I have been trying to avoid the computer as much as possible, since that's where I can fritter away a lot of time--reading other people's blogs, emailing, checking in on my friends' lives on Facebook, surfing, etc. The internet is a real trap for curious people, like myself. And it's reading.

But back to The Artist's Way-- The phrases that struck me from this week/chapter:
Checkhov advised, "If you want to work on your art, work on your life." (80)
People frequently believe the creative life is grounded in fantasy. The more difficult truth is that creativity is grounded in reality, in the particular, the focused, the well observed or specifically imagined. (82)

The biggie for the week, is of course, no reading. I haven't been able to give up email entirely, but I have avoided reading novels, magazines, newspapers, others' blogs... And I've made good headway on some of my other creative ventures and knocked off a lot of things on my To-Do list that have been on there for quite some time. I know these things are related.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up with you and your recovery?

F