Monday, December 21, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
They decided to take Jesus at his word and got a piece of wood (it happened to be shaped just like a head) and planned to do exactly what he said, but first they sat it on the floor and stared at it for days ... Nothing happened. No God there.
"Well, what the Hell!" they said and got an ax and cleaved it hard and heard it all at once explode. But all they saw inside was splintered wood. Then faint and aromatic, as if from far away: a scent not quite familiar yet not strange ...
Outside they nailed the head together, bored in eyes and tamped them tight with toilet paper soaked in cedar oil. Then touched a match to each and watched. The spiritus snaked up - and after dark they saw them ... Red and staring. Burning blind.
All night long they sat there almost willing to believe: what they saw before them must be true. Above them wheeled the galaxies. Within them atoms hummed. Compacted knots of energy set free by some strange wind.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
- The Writing Life – Katey Schultz http://thewritinglife2.blogspot.com
- McCotta’s Blog – Cathy Larson Sky http://cathylarsonsky.blogspot.com
- Novel Knitting – Ruth Price http://novelknitting.blogspot.com
- The Magic of Hands – Stephanie Berry http://stephanietberry.blogspot.com
- Rambling Thoughts and Thoughtful Ramblings - Susan Bell http://susanswritinglife.blogspot.com
- Blogging My Way to a Better Life – Stephanie Stark-Polling http://bloggingmywaytoabetterlife.blogspot.com
- A Larrapin Garden – G. Leigh Wilkerson http://ozarksalive.org/larrapin
- A Creative Life – Mendy Knott http://arkansasscribbler.blogspot.com
- womenswrites - Beth Brown http://womenswrites.livejournal.com
- Soul Varmint Woman - Wesley Middleton http://soulvarmintwoman.blogspot.com
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- IKE - our ideas create our reality.
- KALA - there are no limits.
- MAKIA - energy flows where attention goes.
- MANAWA - now is the moment of power.
- ALOHA - to love is to be happy with.
- MANA - all power comes from within.
- PONO - effectiveness is the measure of truth.
Monday, October 19, 2009
- my throat had been sore for a few days, so
- I hadn't run since Tuesday
- it was 39 degrees
- it was drizzling
- my knee (which had not been bothering me previously) began acting up after mile marker #2
- it's a hilly course
- I started too fast (1st mile in 9:14 -- WAY too fast for me)
- that hill at the end is bruu-tahl