Monday, May 16, 2011

Trouble & Goals Reached

So, the day after I decide to get back to regular posts, Blogger is down. Ha!

This weekend I completed several goals by running the BFF 5K. The first goal it met was last year's New Year's resolution to run 2 5Ks in the course of a year. So, even though it's only 1/2 way through the year, I've run two. The first was the Shamrock 5K when I finished with a time of 29:50 meeting my usual goal of "under 30." This time, however, since I was running another race on the heels of the Shamrock, I decided that (barring injury or terrible weather) I should try to get closer to 29 than 30. Which I did! 29:14.

The bummer was that I got passed by someone in my age group right at the very end. Otherwise I would have finished first in my age-group. But no. She beat me by 2 seconds, and I'll tell you, I did not have it in me to sprint with her to the finish line. I probably could have, but I was not going to puke at the end. My kids, my husband, my pastor and one of my best friends were all there and I was not, NOT, going to create that lasting memory for everyone.

2 comments:

AC Edwards said...

Congrats! Maybe your fitness/running goals will inspire me...

Victoria M. Solomon said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments this winter and spring, Britt!

I think it was wise not to sprint and puke! 29:14 is a great time, and why make yourself miserable, ya know?

Can't wait to see you and the fam this summer.