Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Writer Friends

My talented writer-friend Cathy Larson Sky took some time to interview me and compile this wonderful piece published in the November issue of Western North Carolina Woman.  She taped and transcribed and re-arranged (for coherency) my thoughts on becoming a writer.  Thankfully, she edited out the number of times I say "like" --- because, like, it's a LOT.  I guess I'm not as articulate on the spot as I thought I was... (It reminds me of the phrase you can take a girl out of the mountains, but you can't take the mountains out of the girl... Except in my case it's clearly the valley!  Sheesh.)

I'm also engaged in another adventure with yet another writer-friend (Stephanie Stark Poling).  And, if you hadn't seen it already in the side bar, we've started a new blog to chronicle our collaborative efforts.  We are writing a play set to be staged at the Parkway Playhouse in September of 2012:  Between the Tackles.
In fact, right now I'm supposed to be writing that play... but I'm procrastinating... Maybe I'll update that blog over there next.

No comments: