Thursday, April 1, 2010

AW Update -- up to Week 7

It's strange, I'll get to one week's tasks and think... Oh, I already did this a few weeks ago. Or conversely, I'll do one weeks morning-page suggestions or tasks the week after I was assigned to do them. There is a more lax flow through the different sections this time. I don't know if that's because I anticipate what's coming, or if I was just so ready for the process this time... and I'm being more forgiving with myself about doing things "on time." In fact, I've had a very difficult time being "on time" in the last few weeks. I wonder if that's because I'm being more present in the moment rather than always trying to anticipate what's coming next...

Phrases from the book that have struck me in the last few weeks:
  • We decide how powerful God is for us. We unconsciously set a limit on how much God can give us or help us. We are stingy with ourselves. And if we receive a gift beyond our imagining, we often send it back. (p 91)
  • Pray to catch the bus, then run as fast as you can. (p 92)
  • The desire to be worldly, sophisticated, and smart often blocks our flow. (p 93)
  • An artist requires the upkeep of creative solitude. (p 97)
  • What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. (p 108)
  • Expect the universe to support your dream. It will. (p 119)
  • As blocked artists, we unrealistically expect and demand success from ourselves and recognition of that success from others. (p 121)

No comments: