Thursday, April 29, 2010

Goal Update


So...
#1 - Script Frenzy in April -- miserable failure. I don't have more than 10 pages of my script written
#2 - Physical Health - Running - My New Year's Goal is to run 2 5Ks during 2010. The first, the Burnsville Fit Families 5K, is coming up on May 8, and I'm getting there. I'm not sure I'll meet my goal of running it in under 30 minutes, but it'll be close. A friend and I ran the course yesterday and clocked in at about 32 minutes... So, with a week and a half to go, I think I'll be able to get in some speed work and maybe, just maybe I can pull it out.
#3 - Reading - I've officially finished Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and it has changed the way I'm going to think and eat. Already last week we ordered more grass-fed local beef and pork from Farmer's Market vendors. (GO TO YOUR LOCAL FARMER'S MARKET AND BUY AND EAT THE FOOD!) Also, I'm going to include How to be Your Dog's Best Friend by the monks of New Skete. That wasn't quite a cover-to-cover read, but I've read several of the chapters multiple times already.

In other news, the dog will sit, stay, down, and come on command. And she's learning the boundaries of the property pretty well -- i.e. she knows she can be in the creek, but if she crosses to the other bank, she'll get in trouble.
Also, I've got spinach up in the garden! Still waiting for the peas and lettuce to show, but I need to get out and plant the next batches -- and get some broccoli.

3 comments:

AC Edwards said...

Hey, it was a challenge. There's always next month. your own personal scriptfrenzy.

AC Edwards said...

Hey, look at it this way. You didn't have those 10 or so pages before April, did you?

(code was slazi -- s'lazy? or sleazy?)

Anonymous said...

Like that you have "spinach up in the garden."


F