Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Parkway Playhouse Graphic Design

You get a little break from my Resolutions, though I still have to proclaim my writing goals.  Here's what I spent the day doing: finalizing some web-graphics for the Parkway Playhouse.  It's fun to try to capture in a singular image the essence of a play.  Clearly some are more successful than others, but I enjoy the mental challenge -- though trolling istockphoto.com and morguefiles can be overwhelming.  Believe it or not, the one the artistic director and I struggled with the most was Peter Pan.







I also really enjoy searching for the right font.  So, if you're curious, here are the names of the ones I used (I believe they can all be found at dafont.com).

  • Peter Pan -- Loki Cola
  • Sherlock Holmes Returns -- Sea Dreams
  • A Few Good Men -- Wartorn
  • Dancing at Lughnasa -- Celtic MD (for caps) and Ramsey SD (for lowercase)
  • The Mystery of Edwin Drood -- Euphorigenic
  • A Personal History of Burnsville -- Clive Barker


No comments: